Before I moved from Portland to Los Angeles in March, I had no idea if I was going to like it here. I left southern California when I was twenty-three with such a bad taste in my mouth, bitter and positive I'd never come back. After my husband (then fiancé) and I decided to move down here for career opportunities and family, I was quite weary about how I would feel being back again. Let me tell you: I love it: the weather, the architecture, the food (the tacos... oh, the tacos), the bars, the beach, the constant things to do, the style... we are quite happy we decided to do this. Los Angeles, I'm loving you.
Sources (from top to bottom): Bronson Snelling, Viktor Vautier, Myan Soffia, instagram: designlovefest, Tiny Bee Photography, Lauren Natalie, Keri Bevan, Mariposa Fuerte, Bree Madden, and My Modern Met.
- 10 of the best apple cocktail recipes.
- This is still one of my favorite quotes.
- The cutest free printable paper ice creams!
- Have you ever made homemade mustard? It is the best.
- How to eat ramen.
- Make this sign for your next party.
- This home filled with collectibles is my kind of home.
- Hilarious cat reactions to going outside for the first time.
- A pretty layered vanilla bean cake.
- Loving all the curiosities in her bedroom.
- DIY gold-rimmed faux marble coasters.
- A lavender-honey iced latte sounds awesome.
- I adore David Sedaris.
- A pretty September desktop wallpaper.
- One of my favorite simple desserts is strawberries & cream. I love the addition of graham here.
- How to set up a perfect bar cart.
- Her sketchbooks are incredible.
- This pizza = YUM.
- With my deep affection for giraffes, I think staying here would be something out of a dream.
- Bright watercolor wedding inspiration.
- One of the cutest cakes I ever did see.
- The myth of effortless. Word.
- An easy back-to-school craft to do with your kids.
- 11 apps to check out.
- Flower-embellished photo art.
- I love the colors & patters of Mexican blankets (I want them all over our home).
- Mmmmm, a chai tea ice box cake.
- This peek into Diana's home is lovely.
- Make some maple apple granola to start your day.
- DIY dinner napkins anyone can make.
- Peach & basil crostini for the win.
...that I've got my eyes on. It's funny- I saved all these items randomly without realizing how well they all go together.
1. Touch of Tranquil Jacket ($49.99), 2. Small Tiered Beaded Hanging Planter with Cups ($79), 3. vintage mid-century children's book -- "the first book of earth" ($14), 4. Soap Rock ($14), 5. Vintage Kilim Rug ($295), 6. WWII African-American U.S. Navy Soldier Framed Photo ($150), 7. Linen Banner - Stay True ($85), 8. Aqua Aura Quartz Crystal Necklace ($36.75), 9. To/From Arrow Labels (£5.50), and 10. Concrete Architectural Style Planter 2 ($49)
We have been in our new place almost five months and still don't have our record player hooked up - we need new speakers and some great swap meet find to put it on. It's definitely going to have to happen soon though, since I am itching to stretch out on the floor and listen to my favorite records (Billie Holiday... Dolly Parton... The Smiths... the list goes on and on.)
Sources (from top to bottom): Billboard, Urban Outfitters, Jaclyn Companaro, Design*Sponge, Freunde von Freunden, Emily Benziger, MilK Magazine, Hautelook, Apartment Therapy, Dwell, and Brian Ferry.
- This dancing girls emoji piñata is the best. (I use that emoji constantly)
- Simple & playful watermelon cake toppers.
- New favorite artist: Philippe Weisbecker.
- Yummy chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookies.
- Madly in love with color-coded photography.
- A tour inside Lisa Congdon's colorful studio.
- How swearing in public has changed over time. Interesting.
- A guava pineapple refresher sounds perfect for these hot days.
- Cheerful typographic prints.
- Tiny cookie cakes!
- I want to visit the pink sands of Greece...
- and this French seaside town.
- 12 August DIY projects.
- A beautiful backyard wedding.
- Such an easy way to wrap a birthday present.
- This cake sounds incredible.
- Lovin' this collaboration between friends.
- Ice cream cone surprise balls.
- This photoshoot is so fun.
- I'm a sucker for photos of greenhouses. All that pretty foliage!
- 15 interior design feeds to follow on Instagram.
- A cake that is an homage to the 1980s & Sixteen Candles. So fantastic.
- On chasing clients if you're a freelancer.
- I'm all about the spiked lemonades. Like this one and this one.
Have a fun-filled, fantabulous weekend, people! Eat some donuts and dance until you can hardly see- that's my plan anyway. (artwork above by Emily Isabella)