- How to meditate in 5 minutes or less.
- The perfect fall cookie.
- Really impressed by this before & after.
- Campfire wedding inspiration.
- An after-school food craft.
- I really miss the days of building beach forts.
- I feel sick today (allergies) and I want this soup in front of me.
- There's something sweet about a traveling boutique.
- Yum yum: baked apple cider donuts.
- A gorgeous house tour.
- Watercolor magic.
- 10 Halloween DIY ideas.
- Advice on dealing with jealousy.
- I always adore Kris's fashion photos.
- Such a cute duct tape bird costume.
- A pretty lookbook.
- Things to do as you countdown to Halloween.
- The prettiest cakes!
- A whole lot of favorite desktop wallpapers.
- Can't get enough of: farmhouse style.
- Make yourself a geometric runner.
- The new ABM studio looks so dang good.
- 12 words only smart people get wrong.
- An adorable teeny home.
- Streamline your process.
I really hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend greatly- have a hoppy beer and a cupcake for me, will you? (above artwork by Lieke van der Vorst)
It's almost the weekend, folks, and I am drinking my coffee while daydreaming of spectacular interiors. No theme for today: just a whole lot of pretty.
Sources (from top to bottom): Bjurfors, Boots & Pine, domino, vtwonen, The Design Files, Indoors/Outdoors, Johanna Vintage, and Rue.
If you live in Portland, I definitely suggest checking out Design Rocks: a concert/party/art show celebrating the return of Ziggy Stardust. It all starts at 7 pm tonight at Rotture (315 SE 3rd) with a poster art show, then a Ziggy-era Bowie tribute concert at 9 pm. The artists involve are all incredible- if I were still up there, I would be there with bells on. Tickets are available right here. Be there or be square, Portlanders.
(See also: blog & art)
I want to introduce a brand new Design is Mine sponsor this week, Maison & Co., a privately-owned antique dealer based here in the U.S. Kendall Drake and Bernadette Truxal specialize in finding and selling gorgeous original antiques imported directly from Europe, including Sweden and France. They seem to have an amazing eye for great details- every hand-selected item stands out as a work of art, in my opinion. I also recommend checking out their Maison Collection, beautiful modern pieces to compliment their antiques.
Thanks for joining us, Maison & Co.!
- This one-pot meal sounds delicious.
- I really adore her living room.
- Ten things you learn in culinary school.
- It's the time of year for pumpkin spice french toast.
- Loving these Big Sur photos.
- Yums: chocolate glazed toasted coconut donuts.
- sfgirlbybay's Los Angeles guide (I love my city).
- A DIY geometric accent wall.
- Three ways to update your snail mail envelopes.
- This magazine issue looks gorgeous.
- Guacamole is my fave.
- Another beautiful lookbook.
- Pumpkin-shaped baked sweet potato chips.
- Make yourself a simple boho photo mobile.
- Gotta love this peek into the Crayola crayon factory.
- A super-pretty Rustic DIY Mississippi wedding.
- An old friend of mine looking stunning, as usual.
- 40 reasons to choose happiness.
- Super easy homemade cronuts.
- Jeff Goldblum could sell anything.
- A strawberry-themed first birthday party.
- I have always loved Andrea's lists.
- How to write.
- How to make a dog cake!
- Decorate your next party with some handmade triangle garland.
- So into the Bright Bazaar print collection.
- Joann's phone call with Lena Dunham.
- Seriously, these hipster kid's Halloween costumes are just too good.
- Two new desktop wallpapers: one and two.
Happy weekend folks! We are off to San Diego to visit a dear friend (and celebrate National Taco Day right near the border). Enjoy it! (above artwork by Sofia Bonati)
October is upon us and I am starting to get into the Halloween spirit. It's a little harder to completely feel it down here in LA, with the lack of a changing of seasons, but I am still embracing the gothy, witchy things right now.
Sources (from top to bottom): Bat for Lashes, Bona Drag Boutique, Pamela Love, Liz Besanson, Fashionising, Eye of Luna, REVS Magazine, Fancy Frances, Spirit & Haven, and Moondaughter.
I have been wanting to spend a couple nights out in Joshua Tree National Park for quite some time now and I think it is finally going to happen this month. We are going to join some friends in camping out in the gorgeous desert scenery for a weekend. I'd love to bring any of the above with us, along with tequila, my favorite film camera, and a blank notebook.
1. Opal Moon Necklace ($60.25), 2. Full Moon Tank Top Dress ($32), 3. Key Ring Compass ($44.95), 4. Design Within Reach Tepee (currently unavailable), 5. Pendleton Camp Blanket With Carrier - Mineral Umber ($158), 6. Margot Globe Lantern ($48), 7. Casual Destroyed Cactus White Tee ($14.99), 8. Lenny Circle Shades ($15), and 9. Straight As An Arrow Duffel Bag ($280)